News & Announcements

RELIABLE BOOK BLOGGERS/REVIEWERS NEEDED!
If you love to read and review fiction (any and all genres and sub-genres) and showcase the amazing authors who write it on your blog, then click HERE to sign-up to become a member of the CBLS Promotions Hosting Team today!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Amethyst Moon (Prides of the Moon, 5) by Ann Mayburn


Title: Amethyst Moon
Author: Ann Mayburn
Sub-Genre(s): Erotic, Gay, Interracial
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Publication Date: December 24, 2011
ISBN #: B006Q3GUW2
Format: eBook from Author
Reviewer: Toni
Rating: 3.5 Cups

Blurb:*
Noah Braxton's world has been turned inside out and upside down ever since the fateful moment six months ago when he was turned into a shifter by a dying college girl. She made him promise to look after her sister, Giselle, and in an effort to sooth her he promised her that he would, not realizing the sacrifices he would have to make to keep that promise. Bound by his oath, Noah struggles to fulfill his role of beta to Giselle, an Alpha female, but he can't be everything she needs. He's gay and in order to bond properly with his Alpha female they would have to have sex. Without that bond with an Alpha he is slowly going crazy but he can't force himself to be attracted to a woman. His last hope at saving his mind and his soul lies with Madame Eve of the 1 Night Stand matchmaking service being able to find him a male Alpha that can bridge the gap between himself and Giselle.

Marcus and Vashan have come to Morgantown, WV in the hopes of finding an Alpha female to complete their Pride. Instead they find Noah, a man on the edge of insanity who is also a natural dominant. Despite this both men are instantly drawn to Noah and decide to help him. Marcus will have to use all his strength as an Alpha to dominate Noah and show him that submission to his Alpha doesn't make him weak.

Review:
As the Prides of Moon and the 1 Night Stand series continue, we seem to be concluding Marcus and Vashan’s story with Amethyst Moon.  In this story we meet Noah.  He is a troubled man, thrust into the world of shifters.  Not only does he have to learn how to be a shifter and act properly, he must take care and be submissive to his Alpha, Giselle.  Which is very hard for him, considering he had a very dominate personality as a human.  He also can’t bond with her properly because he is gay, so he sets out to find an Alpha and Beta who can.
 
Marcus and Vashan need a female Alpha to complete them.  Their need to procreate is inbred into them and they wish to complete that bond.  They are contacted by Madame Eve to meet with a beta.  All she asks is to hear him out.
 
I do believe I have found a 1NS that has left me wanting.  While I enjoyed the dominance play between Marcus and Noah (Yo Howdy!!), this story seems unfinished to me.  I believe it is because we were not introduced to Giselle, so their mating bond as a foursome was never completed.  I can actually see why it wasn’t able to be completed due to this being a short story, but I was still not satisfied.  I really can’t see how I could have been satisfied because of the time constraints.  I think the other problem is that I can’t see a short story being written about Giselle.  My fingers are crossed though.
 
I do have to say though their bonding was sizzling hot and ummm just WOW!  I do hope to hear more from Ms. Mayburn.  I have come to truly enjoy her Prides of the Moon series.


Available at:
Amazon (Kindle Edition)
Barnes & Noble (Nook book)


--

*Blurb Courtesy of Amazon

**Disclaimer: This book has been provided to Coffee Beans & Love Scenes Reviews free of charge by the author. No money has been exchanged for the review of this eBook. This review reflects the opinion of the individual reviewer and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the other C&R reviewers or this blog’s administrator/editor.

2 comments:

Ann Mayburn said...

Dear Toni,

Thank you so much for taking a chance on my 'Prides of the Moon' series. :) I'm so glad you enjoyed it and I'm even more glad that Amethyst Moon left you wanting more. The next book, Opal Moon, will have Giselle in it, but I can't tell you anything more than that. Because it is a short story if I give away anything I'm giving away a lot. I will say that things might not turn out how you think. ;)

Ann

Toni said...

*bouncing up and down in chair*.

My prayers have been answered!! Thank you Ann! I can't wait to read more about Marcus, Vashan, Noah and Giselle.