News & Announcements

RELIABLE BOOK BLOGGERS/REVIEWERS NEEDED!
If you love to read and review fiction (any and all genres and sub-genres) and showcase the amazing authors who write it on your blog, then click HERE to sign-up to become a member of the CBLS Promotions Hosting Team today!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Feral Heat by Elizabeth Black


Title: Feral Heat
Author: Elizabeth Black
Sub-Genre(s): Romance, Werewolves
Publisher: Romance Divine
Publication Date: November 23, 2009
ISBN #: B002YK451E
Format: eBook from Author
Reviewer: Toni
Rating: 3 Cups

Blurb:*
Grant and Sam were more than lovers; they shared a special secret. They also shared Grant’s roommate, Amelia, who was beginning to get suspicious about the two hunky males who disappeared every month. The sexy trio was not without their crises: Grant and Sam had a curse that continued to dog them, and Amelia’s soon-to-be ex had a bite that was as bad as his bark. It’s a howlin’ sexy time

Review:
Amelia Scott is in the midst of divorcing her controlling jerk of a husband. Due to his lack of support, she is renting a room to Grant Newman. They have been co-workers for a while and she feels comfortable with the tall dark man, not to mention sexually attracted to him too. Unfortunately, she is also attracted to Grant’s lover. Sam Hightower is Grant’s polar opposite, he is also tall, but is leaner and very blond. This story takes place during the long weekend that Grant moves in.

Feral Heat is a very fast moving book. I will honestly have to say I have not read a werewolf story like this before. I would not consider this a romance either. It is erotic and the ménage scenes are hot. There is no happily ever after, but there is definitely a happily ever after for now. These are three consenting adults, who also happen to be friends.

I just couldn’t fall for any of the characters. Considering its short length it is very understandable, there was no time for character development. Well that is not true; Sam did start to grow on me. Amelia and Grant were just okay for me. Their relationship didn’t seem true to me. The story dynamics didn’t seem realistic to me either. I know, it is a paranormal book, but even within the world you are reading about you still need to believe in the story being told. I will say thought that my view of the book changed a bit after reading Ms. Black’s personal blurb at the end of the story. It stated, “she creates unusual worlds for her eccentric characters”, now that I believe.

I did enjoy reading the story, but I had to shake my head quite a few times at Amelia and Grant. But like I said, at the end I did step back and reevaluate the story and I now I see a “different colored” light at the end of the tunnel. Feral Heat will not be for everyone, but if you want a new twist to the same old same old then head on out and pick up it up. You will be drawn into an erotic world with unconventional werewolves and the woman that loves them. Oops sorry “enjoys” them.


Available at:
Amazon (Kindle Edition)
Barnes & Noble (Nook book)


--

*Blurb Courtesy of Amazon

**Disclaimer: This book has been provided to Coffee Beans and Love Scenes Reviews free of charge by the author. No money has been exchanged for the review of this eBook. This review reflects the opinion of the individual reviewer and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the other C&R reviewers or this blog’s administrator/editor.

No comments: